1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

copy protrection of files/folders

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by kmanik, Aug 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmanik

kmanik Thread Starter

Hi, everybody.

I have created a MDB file which I am using with secured.mdw.

This database contains some important data therefore I am looking for ways to stop this file from being copied.

can u suggest some ways where this copy protection can be implemented even at the OS level i.e (windows os all variants).

waiting for some smart ways!!!

regards

Kmanik

2. rkselby98

rkselby98

Don't know of a way to keep it from being copied except password protect it from being opened.

But if they have to open it they can copy it.

The only other thing I can think of is to set the permission to only those who you trust with it.

You might want to check this site out and when there if you can't find a solution email Dreamboat and ask her. She will be more than glad to help you if it can be done.

If so post back I'd like to know myself if it can be.

http://theofficeexperts.com/

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/93247

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice