1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

copy row if cell is greater than 0?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ggspiper, Oct 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ggspiper

ggspiper Thread Starter

I am trying to figure out a formula or macro. Although I don't know much about macros so I need step by step.

What I want to to is...say I have a value greater than 0 in column G. What I want to be able to do is copy the entire row from say a67 to h67 onto another worksheet called report if I have a number greater than 0 in the quantity column (Column G).

Can someone please help me?????

Thanks,
    ggspiper

2. CodeLexicon

CodeLexicon

We'll likely need to refine this.

What it does at the moment is look at the data in the data sheet and copy it to the report sheet if the column G value is 0.

It adds a Report sheet if it isn't there.

However, what you'll see is that if you run the macro multiple times it will keep appending data to the report sheet, which is unlikely to be useful, so you need to advise on how this is going to be used ... will it be ok to clear the report sheet prior to the copy, or do you want to determine the new records and append them to existing records?

You can at least see the mechanics of it.

Attached Files:

3. ggspiper

ggspiper Thread Starter

Thanks for your help. Although I'm not sure how that is going to help me. I'm attaching a sample of what I hope to accomplish. Maybe that will help you understand what I want to do.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1135505

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice