1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Copy rows from several wbooks to another wbook, condition

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ranger1, May 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ranger1

ranger1 Thread Starter

I have four to sometimes six - randomly named workbooks. These workbooks are emailed to me so they usually have filenames that are inconsistent, despite requests. Every workbook has two worksheets named Data and report. They also have preset cells that are locked and only the user info changes.

I need to copy four rows from each workbooks. I need to four rows from the worksheet called report based on a condition that will be tested from the Data worksheet and pasted in the new workbook in their specific rows. This data will allow me to create a summary for the entire week.

The new worksheet called final report has fixed rows for each sections information. If the file for that section is not present, "Not submitted will be displayed and the row allocation will be left blank.

So, I need some vba that would check each file for "Section #" in the "DATA" worksheet, the copy the needed four rows from the "REPORT" worksheet and paste it a fixed set of rows in the new workbook called the "Final Report". It should cycle through all files in the folder one by one. for Section numbers that do not submit a file, their rows should be left blank.

Presently, I spend so much time copying and pasting the same four rows into the same worksheet which has formulas in the end doing calculations.

The data in files supplied is not actual data.

Thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

2. ranger1

ranger1 Thread Starter

Added to teh post - I use Excel 2010

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1227499

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice