Copy To the Default User profile

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GreyGuy

Once again here I am looking to you all to re-learn how to do something…

I’ve created the master profile I want to use. Now I want to make it the Default User profile. OK, we reboot – log on as the Local Admin - go to System Properties - Advanced – User Profiles – Settings – select the profile to be copied AND… the Copy To button is grayed out!

How does one copy the New & Improved Master Profile and make it the Default User profile?

On a side note the New & Improved profile is a whopping 5.68G is size! It all seems to be located in the Local, Low Local and Roaming folders. How important is this stuff to my new profile? Anything to do with XP Mode I need for and older app?

GreyGuy

Mystery solved! - Well a portion of it anyway... The 5.68G Profile has 5.39G of Virtual Machine HD Image. This little beauty is found at C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Virtual PC\Virtual Machines. We need the VirtPC (XPMode) to run some legacy apps so I guess this is gonna be a part of the Default User profile for a while. Anyone have experience with this? Can I make the image smaller? Does the image HAVE to be a part of every user’s profile? Any other words of wisdom?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online