1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Copy web site to floppy?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Lyn Patterson, Nov 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lyn Patterson

Lyn Patterson Thread Starter

Is it possible to copy a web site to a floppy disk? A friend who is not on the Internet (but has a computer) needs to study a particular web site for a course she is doing. I thought if I could copy it to a floppy it would save me printing the whole thing out - or is that the only option? Thanks.

2. John Sparkman

John Sparkman

I don't know if this is what your looking for or not but you can save the page your looking at.

Just select file and then "Save As". Use the "Save In" drop down to select your floppy drive.

John

3. Lyn Patterson

Thank you , John - this is just what I wanted. I suppose it is too much to hope there is a way to do the whole site at once or is it a case of page by page? Better than printing, anyway. Thanks again for prompt reply.

Lyn

4. Davey7549

Davey7549

Lyn
    Even if you were able to capture the whole website you would quickly run into space on floppy problems. 1.44MB would be exceeded very quickly.
    Dave

5. Lyn Patterson

Thank you , Davey - hadn't got that far ! Yes, I can see size would be a problem. My friend may not need the whole site - I'll do a disk or two and let her check it out. Thanks for input.
    Lyn

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59170

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice