1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

copyiing to DVD from computer

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Dorcas, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dorcas

Dorcas Thread Starter

I have Windows XP Media......I need to copy photos from computer to DVD disk.
    Have Philips DVD+RW_DVD8701. Pictures are copied ready to transfer but computer isn't recognising DVD is in drive..any ideas please?

2. lister

lister

You need 3rd party software to copy files to DVD (Like Nero, or CDBurnerXP Pro [free]).

Windows XP's inbuilt burner is only for CD's.

3. Dorcas

Dorcas Thread Starter

Thanks lister..........did as you suggested and downloaded software........
    All worked well...copied to DVD disk ....but the disk will not play on a DVD player.......more help please.........is it something I have or haven't done.......I have used DVD+R disk and tried two different players..
    regards dorcas

4. Moby

Moby

Is your DVD player able to read pics directly off a DVD? Not all do. Sounds like it doesn't. If it doesn't then to view your pics you'll have to create a photo slideshow in DVD video format. If you're unsure post the make and model of your DVD player.

5. Dorcas

Dorcas Thread Starter

thanks for reply..........yes it can read from DVD........also can read pics that I copied to DVD disk.......what I can't do is read same DVD disk on my TV DVD player.

6. Moby

Moby

That is the player I am refering to. Computer DVD drives can read anything your computer creates. Home 'TV' DVD players on the other hand cannot. It has to be .jpeg compatible.
    What make and model is it?

7. Dorcas

Dorcas Thread Starter

Our home DVD player is........

Pansonic......RV32........about 3 years old

8. Moby

Moby

Your player is not jpeg compatible.
    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers...changer=&dvdtv=&chipset=&orderby=Name&hits=50
    Therefore you cannot just copy pics to a disc and insert it to play. On DVD's your player only plays DVD video.To view your pics on it, you will have to use 3rd party software to arrange and create a slideshow which is then burned to the DVD in DVD video format.
    Yes, pics can be turned into DVD video.

9. Dorcas

Dorcas Thread Starter

thanks again...........I have been tearing my hair out trying to work this one out.
    I took dozens of pictures with new christmas present and promised copies to my friends.....who don't have computers...........What is the 3rd party software please........sorry to be bit dim :-(

10. Moby

Moby

Your DVD drive or computer should have come with DVD burning software, some of these are able to do it.
    If not here's a free one with help and tutorials further down the page.
    In the description you'll read it can create "a ready to burn DVD-image(.iso)". That's the option you want.
    Once this is created abd stored on your computer, your burning software will create the correct format disc from that file. Again there's a tutorial link further down for making your DVD from this iso file.

http://download.videohelp.com/tin2tin/

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542239

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice