1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Copying and Pasting HTML Codes

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by FreedomJournal, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FreedomJournal

FreedomJournal Thread Starter

When I try to copy and paste HTML codes into a Web document the code will not convert to a button etc. I also get the following error message:

FTP Folder Error
    An error occurred copying a file to the FTP server. Make sure you have permission to put files on this server.

Details
    The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

What can I do to remedy this problem? Windows XP, Office 2007, HP 515.

Peace,
    Carl, www.psychezpublishing.com

2. tomdkat

tomdkat Retired Trusted Advisor

Ok, you need to provide a bit more background and a better description of what you're *actually* doing and what you want to do. It looks like you're wanting to upload files to a server using an account that doesn't have write privileges. This is a separate issue from using "copy/paste" to get HTML tags from a website for some other use.

So, if you could better describe what you do to "copy/paste" the HTML, that might help us better understand what's going on. :)

Peace...

3. FreedomJournal

Hello,

I am trying to place buttons on my Web Pages to sell items. These buttons, HTML Codes are obtained from Pay Pal however when I copy the code and paste it in my Web Page that is on my desktop are file folder it will not convert to the button. It remains in the HTML code when I upload the file to the Internet.

Sometimes I have gotten the FTP Error I noted in the previous email. What do I need to do to get the HTML codes to convert? The Pay Pal technician is able to get the files to convert but they will not convert for me when I copy and paste.
    Peace,

4. tomdkat

Ok, you will need to paste the PayPal button code into your HTML form, where you want the button to go. Do you have a website up you can post a link to so we can see where you want to put the button and help you get it there correctly?

EDIT: Unless the you want the buttons on your homepage. Is there where you want the buttons? On the page you linked to in your first post?

Peace...

5. FreedomJournal

Hello,
    I have been able to get assistance from Pay Pal in installng the buttons on my page. However I still do not know how it is done for the future additiois to my pages. I also want to include a CD download for a price. I also want to allow free downloads of several books. I also hope to place a 4 minute video on my site. However I only have a DVD. Can this be uploaded if so how?

I have also just recived a message saying I have virsues on my machine and a requst to download program that will rid of the virsues.
    Peace,
    Carl, www.psychezpublishing.com

6. tomdkat

Great! Did they make the changes for you or did they walk you through the steps?

You will have to edit the DVD to make the video clips you want. Is the DVD a commercial DVD you purchased or is it one you made or had made?

DO NOT download the program mentioned that will get rid of the viruses. Visit the malware removal forum for more assistance. There are plenty of free tools you can use to clean your system and protect it from infection.

Peace...

7. FreedomJournal

Greetings,

Thank you for your response.

Response: Great! Did they make the changes for you or did they walk you through the steps?

No they sent me written instructions that I had already followed however it still would not work for me. So they made the changes and placed the buttons on my site. So I still do not know why the HTML codes will not convert for me.

Response: You will have to edit the DVD to make the video clips you want. Is the DVD a commercial DVD you purchased or is it one you made or had made?

The DVD was converted by Wolf Camera from a VHS camcorder. It is a 3-4 minute narrative of poems made by my nephew. How do I edit the DVD?

Response. DO NOT download the program mentioned that will get rid of the viruses. Visit the malware removal forum for more assistance. There are plenty of free tools you can use to clean your system and protect it from infection.

Thanks I think I have the virus problem under control.

Peace,
    Carl www.psychezpublishing.com

8. tomdkat

Ok, what you will need is some kind of HTML editing tool OR you could simply use Notepad. Are you using any kind of HTML tool to update your site now? If so, which tool are you using?

Peace...

9. FreedomJournal

Hello,

No I am not using any kind of HTML editing tool. However notepad is included in my Word software. But I have never used it. So what do I do? Save to notepad and then upload?
    Peace,
    Carl

10. tomdkat

Ok, then how do you make changes to your website now? Do you have a webmaster who makes them for you? Once I understand how you make website changes now, I can hopefully figure out how to describe the process you'll need to follow to add more PayPal buttons, etc. :)

Peace...

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648910

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice