1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Copying and Pasting problem

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by beaglehound, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. beaglehound

beaglehound Thread Starter

I'm having issues with font size.

Sometimes when I copy text that is in normal font [say 12pt] from one source and then paste it elsewhere it will paste in very tiny font. As small is 5 or 6 pt. This has been happening just recently and appears to happening only with certain sites.

Any ideas what is causing this and how to correct the problem? This has only been a recent occurrence.

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Whenever pasting in from a website, it is best to do a "Paste Special" and then select unformated trext. This way the font, size, color and all other web proberties will not be pasted in, but the settings for the current paragraph will be used.

3. beaglehound

Sounds good but how do I make those settings?

4. beaglehound

Sounds good but how do I make those settings? I'm using Windows Vista.

5. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    I think "Paste Special" is only a M$ Word application ..
    what are you Pasting to ??

6. beaglehound

Simply pasting text. Sometimes I'm pasting within the site itself as in a "forum" like Techguy. For example if I were to highlight what you just asked and then paste it here as part of my reply it might paste in very tiny font. It's isn't doing it on this site but it does it on other sites. Sometimes I copy it from one site and paste it on Word 2003 document. Sometimes it works, other times it reduces it tiny font and I can't figure out why.

7. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    There's another site I used to Visit ...
    I had to pre-format the text to be Pasted in a Word Scratch pad to Veranda and the Default size of 10.

It seems that TSG doesn't have this problem .. I think it has it's own Default Font and size ..

8. beaglehound

Thanks for the help. What I will do is contact the website and ask them why it is happening on their site. There has to be an explanation. Thanks again.

9. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    I don't think there's an answer ...
    It seems to me that the other site I participated in ... Was viewer web software and worked a little different.

What you might be looking for is a "Copy Special" .. And I don't think that exists.

My work around was to Paste to Word ... Edit/Format it .. then Paste it.

10. beaglehound

I just tried it again. I tried two different sites this time. I copied a short paragraph from both sites and pasted them onto a MS Word document. They pasted in font 8 which I can hardly read. Even though my setting on the document page was set at 12pt

11. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Did you Paste From Word .. or the Clipboard ???
    What is your operating system .. XP, Vista or W7 ??

12. beaglehound

I'm using Vista. When you "copy" text it is saved to the clipboard. When you "paste", it goes from the clipboard to where ever you're wanting to paste it to.

ie: copy from website >>>>>>> clipboard>>>>>>>>to MS Word document

13. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    But .. If you Copy from a Word Doc .. you will Copy any formatting it has back to the clipboard ..

copy from website >>>>>>> clipboard>>>>>>>>to MS Word document >>> Copy from Word >>> Clipboard >>>> Website

14. beaglehound

I'm not sure what you are trying to tell me.

15. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    It seems the Clipboard can Copy Anything .. I occasionally Copy Pictures .. But I know where to Paste them...
    (In something that accepts pictures)

Did you change the contents of the Clipboard by Copying the contents of the Word doc ??
    See where I added ... >>>> Copy from Word >>> Clipboard >>>> Website

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974442

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice