1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Copying DVD

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Bill T., Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bill T.

Bill T. Thread Starter

I record TV programs onto blank re-recordable DVD discs. I then want to copy the re-recordable DVD onto a non re-recordable DVD.When I try to do this using DVD SHrink(or other programs)I see a message stating "No disc in drive" (Or similar).
    When copying a commercial DVD there is no problem.
    Why do programs not recognise recorded DVDs?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Is it only the programs that do not recognize them? Does explorer see the conents?

Were the recorded disks finalized after you made the recordings? Can you copy the contents to a folder and burn them from there?

DVDShrink is for use with the formats that are typically used for commercial DVD's and may not be the same as whatever you are using to record. You may be overcomplicating the process by trying to use a program when the simple "copy" functionality of your burning software should be enough to do the job.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!