1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

copying email

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Smarie, May 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Smarie

Smarie Thread Starter

nothing happens when trying to make a copy of e-mail., WIN98, HP882C, OE98, IE5. Everything else will copy? I have called my server and they say something is wrong with the computer setup or printer. Any suggestions.

2. johnpaul

johnpaul

Are you saying that if you highlight text in an email and hit Control + C, that it will not place a copy on the clipboard? That you are then unable to paste the text into another program?

JP

3. Smarie

Smarie Thread Starter

I can do the cut and paste thing, I cannot however just print a copy of an email

4. Moby

Moby

what happens when you hit the print button?

5. johnpaul

johnpaul

What happens if you don't cut and paste, but just tell it to print the entire email?

JP

6. Smarie

Smarie Thread Starter

if I press the print icon, or go to file, then print, absolutely nothing happens, not even a click, error message ..... just "nothing"

7. johnpaul

johnpaul

It sounds as if your PC doesn't know it has a printer attached. Assuming all the cables are in and secure, I don't know what to suggest next. Are there any error messages when you attempt to print? If so, copy them and post them back here.

JP

8. phoneguy55

phoneguy55

jp....if smarie can print from other apps, do you think something in OE is corrupted?

When I hit print, I get the printer properties screen to pop up. ????

9. johnpaul

johnpaul

smarie hasn't said yet if it's possible to print from other apps, but that'e certainly a good question. How about it, smarie?

JP

10. Smarie

Smarie Thread Starter

No, no error messages. I have IE 5. I have gone to Add/Remove, double clicked IE5 and ran a "Repair Internet Explorer" and that came out okay. Appreciate your help, it is not a big problem because I can still cut and paste, but it is annoying. And yes, I can print everything else, from anywhere

11. johnpaul

johnpaul

When in doubt, upgrade to I/E 6. I can't remember any specifics, but I had an O/E problem with 5.5 that was solved with an upgrade.

JP

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/79475

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice