Copying emails in Outlook Express (Win 2000)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pweist

Had a Windows 2000 PC crash. I was able to get the Outlook express emails to save and burn on a disk. I have recovered the operating system, but cannot get the emails to go back into outlook express. I have tried importing them and also copying them. What is the correct procedure in getting these *.dbx files back into where they belong?

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi pweist

Did you copy the saved .dbx files back to the hard drive and verify they are not marked Read-only before attempting the Import?

Are you receiving any error messages during the Import?

Let us know.

pweist

Yeah....that was my problem. The folders were marked "Read-Only". Once unchecked and applied, I had no problems importing. Thanks so much for your help!

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Thanks for posting back and letting us know what worked! (y)

You can mark your thread solved using the Thread Tools drop down menu at the top of the page.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online