1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Copying files causes Roxio installer to launch

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by blue_moon, Apr 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blue_moon

blue_moon Thread Starter

I recently ran a registry cleaner program. No, I didn't make a backup of the registry first. Everything seemed fine until I tried to copy one file to another drive. I right clicked on the file, then dragged it to the new drive, then chose the copy command. Well, immediately, the installer program for Roxio Easy CD Creator launched. I clicked cancel. It launched again, I hit cancel. Then the copy worked after that.

This problem happens when I simply right click and make a copy of the file in the same folder, or if I drag and drop it to another hard drive to make a copy.

Is there a way to clean up the problem? I run Windows XP Pro.

Thank you.

2. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

Have you tried a system restore?

Have you tried completing the installer to see if it keep prompting you after it installs?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!