copying files from pc to laptop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

j60hnt

hi is it possible to copy files from my pc running xp pro to my new laptop running xp home
is it just a case of getting a lead from a shop or something??

oh its my father whos asking so any help would be nice, ive sergested copying all his stuff on to my external HD and the popping them on his laptop...

Hi,

Using your external harddrive is as good a way as any.

You could also burn the files to a cd - you would then have a backup or use a pen-drive (memory stick)

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
An Ethernet crossover cable will allow you to network the two machines, providing they both have Ethernet ports. Of course, the "popping the stuff on his laptop" will be limited to data files, any applications have to be installed.

j60hnt

ive got my three machines on an network and i think i may be better for me to just drop rounn to his house with my maxtor HD in my hand to do the bussiness

Well I have a question about this myself. I just got a laptop running XP home & my pc also runs XP home. I want to put a lot of date files on it, & some of them won't fit on a CD. Is there any way to conntect & send them with a USB cable? If not, any inexpensive solutions would be great! Thanks a lot! :D

"Knowlege is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil!" -Unknown

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online