1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Copying Files

Discussion in 'Networking' started by fisher88, Jan 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fisher88

fisher88 Thread Starter

I want to copy my music and picture files from my WinME comp to my Win98SE comp to back them up, in case I lost my HD. I know I've done this before, but cannot figure out how to do it now. I am using a Linksys switch and exp cards. Help Please!

2. Toddles18

Toddles18

I fyou already have filesharing enabled then it should be as easy as select the files you want to copy, right click, copy, browse through network neighborhood to your other computer, paste in the desired directory.

3. fisher88

fisher88 Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. I thought I had lost my mind, but I figured it out over the weekend. I was trying to copy the whole folder (as in My Music). That is not allowed. I had to break it up in files. With 650 music files and 150 pictures it took me quite a long time.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!