1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

copying image and text together from the Internet into Word 2000

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Blindy8, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Blindy8

Blindy8 Thread Starter

I'm having a hard time copying text and images together into Word 2000 from the Internet. My friend sent me a graphic I want to use in a signature file but when I try to save the graphic into Word, 2000, I only get the text and the image appears as a square blank box. I can create signatures in Outlook with images but I need to be able to save these graphics (which are image and text) into a file, so I can then load them into Outlook and create the graphic signatures.

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Are you trying to use "plain" text or "html" type of email?

3. Blindy8

Blindy8 Thread Starter

I am using HTML. And I just hit another problem. Somehow, after trying to set up the signatures, I'm getting TCP/IP errors and the mail won't send. I even got a Cablevision tech on the phone and while my webmail account with them works fine, my Outlook account doesn't send or receive messages now. I even removed the signature I had on it to no avail.

Simply setting up an image with a signature has been a major nightmare. Now I can't even use Outlook.

4. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    I assume that you are using Outlook 2000, it is long been replaced and is no longer supported, which is the start of your problems.

I have been using Outlook since the first version, I think it was Outlook 95.
    I have never had problems with images in the signature, except for when they are to large.

Why are you saving the image to word, all you need to do is save the image file to a folder on your drive and then set up the signature within Outlook?

Can you post a screen shot of what you are trying to do?

As for the TCP/IP error, that just may be another issue, as I do not see it being related.

5. Blindy8

Blindy8 Thread Starter

I should have been clearer. One of my friends sent me several images with surrounding text that we use in our business. It is important to use images as solar is graphic. I can't use my ISP Cablevision, because Cablevision webmail doesn't allow images in signature files as they are targets for hackers. However, Outlook allows for this so I was using my Outlook 2000 Version.

The problem is that my friend sent me the images in one email. In order to use each one, incuding the text surrounding the images, I need to save each image to a file. I assumed that I could do that with Word but that didn't work because when I copied the image to word, it only copied the text and an outline box the size of the image. If each of these images were a file, then yes, I could save those files to my computer and copy them into an Outlook signature. If there is another way to take each image along with the surrounding text and save them to a file, that would work but I thought I could do that with Word.

I did fix the TCP/IP error. It appears that my profile was damaged so I deleted it and created a new one. Now Outlook is working again but I'm still having trouble copying each image with its surrounding text (from the email sent me with about 10 of these images) into a file that sees the actual image not a box outline of the image.

6. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    Have your friend send you the image as a image file (Not within Word) but as an attachment to the email. Then you can save it to your hard drive.

If you were to take a screen shot of these within Word, you may be able to use the graphic made by the screen shot in the signature. You just need to save the screen shot as an image and then insert that save file in the signature.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1113831

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice