Copying Large File to Floppy w/Win 95 OS

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KSB

I am trying to copy a 22 MB file to a new computer from an OLD Win 95 OS computer. It has no internet, no CD writer, only floppy access. I know PKZip will allow copying to multiple floppies, but I need to make sure it works with Win 95. There is an older version of this product, but do I need two different Zip programs to be able to install on the new XP computer?

Thanks

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
PKZip runs in DOS mode so it will work. The GUI version (Zip for windows) runs on Windows 3.x onward.
No, you do not need two.

KSB

Thank you for your reply's. You answered my questions!! I am going to try this today.

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
My gosh this brings back memories. I remeber the first time I used Pkzip when it was only a dos utility. This was the exact thing I needed to use it for. I had to zip up a folder and span it to about 4 floppies. That was about 11 years ago, just before Windows 95 came out.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online