1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Copying Large no files from DVD

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by elijahop, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. elijahop

elijahop Thread Starter

OK

Installed Vista HP

All fine save one (big problem)

In short I cant copy my music and pic dvd. Have a lot of files (almost 4gb). It gets to about 60% and stops copying as per the screenshot. Sometimes it tells me I have not enough memory to complete the opration (not the case as my hard drives are 160gb with plenty of space)

[​IMG]

I have tried copying it to my Master hard drive, slave hard drive and External USB drive, all with the same result.

I think its the number of files (20,000+) as I can copy say a game dvd to my hard drive without issue (4.5gb but like 5 files)

Desperate for a solution or a workaround

This is error message I get (copying 4gb to a drive with 122gb free)

[​IMG]

My specs are Vista Home Premium 32bit, 2gb Ram, 3.4ghz Pentium, 2x160gb Internal Samsung hard drives, Sony G120 DVD Rewriter.

Thankyou

Dom

2. JohnAyers

JohnAyers

I also have this problem. Did you ever find a solution?
    Thanks
    John

3. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

try copying smaller amounts of files.

if vista has the capability, do diskcleanup in system tools, checking all boxes/ok and you'll remove stuff you don't need on the harddrive.

4. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

"I have tried copying it to my Master hard drive, slave hard drive and External USB drive, all with the same result."

To confirm, you have the same problem whether you are trying to copy to a DVD, master drive, slave drive or external USB drive?

See that happen when the DVD burner was defective but want to confirm about the problems with the drives. That I don't have on my Vista computer and have copied well over that amount with no problems.

But if the solution is to use smaller amounts of, can you imaging depending on a DVD for backups. Hopefully there is another solution. Figure you would like the full write capabilities to your DVD burner.

Also check how many programs are starting automatically and shut down any you don't need.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541063

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice