Copying MS Office

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rome75

I zipped my MS office onto a CD and unzipped it into the new computer I got for Christmas. When I try to open Excel in the new computer, for example, I get a message

The operating system is not presently configured to run this appl.

I checked the op. sys. on both computers and they're the same: XP version 5.1 w/ SP 2

Am I hitting a copy protection thing or something?

If you just copied it from the Program Files folder, it won't work.

You will need to install it from the CD onto your new computer in order for Windows to create the necessary registry entries, file associations etc.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online