1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Copying photos to DVD for playing on home dvd player

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by trevorshaw, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. trevorshaw

trevorshaw Thread Starter

Hi,

I want to copy some photos onto a DVD so that I can show them to friends and family using an ordinary home dvd player. I know there's some software to do this, but I'd like to know if there is and free software, and any advice on how to do this would be much appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation,

Trevor

2. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Many DVD players of recent make will pick up on the jpg file format and play them as a slide show. That's free.

A good program for creating a more interesting slideshow is Ulead's Pictureshow, which isn't free but you can try it for free and see if it will do what you want. http://www.ulead.com/dps/runme.htm

3. trevorshaw

Hi fairnooks,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure how recent the dvd players are but I'll try using Ulead to see how I get on - it looks as if it will give a better result and $30 is less than other packages.

4. ViprXX

ViprXX

As fairnooks stated your dvd player should just start playing your photos in a slideshow. all you need to do is just burn them on a dvd or I believe even a cdr will work. you can download and use a program called CDBurnerXP (I know its called cdburner but it supports dvd's too) which is free to burn your pictures to a dvd or cd.

CDBurnerXP Download page: http://cdburnerxp.se/download

5. trevorshaw

Thanks for the information ViprXX. I've had a quick look at cdburnerxp, it doesn't mention writing images but I'll take a longer look at it later after I've solve my current problem. I'm having connection problems where my Netgear router seems to get "tired" in the late evening and I can't fix it but the next morning it's ok again - until this morning when I had to do a restore on it to get any connection at all. Funny, it was working okay for a couple of months, until the lat week or so . . still this isn't the place for this problem! Thanks again,

Trevor

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643268

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice