1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Copying pics from Kodak easy share to DVD

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by 0840tj, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 0840tj

0840tj Thread Starter

I have saved 82 pics on my easyshare project file some from camera and some from scanning in and i want to burn to a dvd. The problem is that they must be in the same order and yet everytime i try this the dvd shows pictures in a different order. I have tried updating the date taken on each picture which at least keeps them in the correct order on easyshare but HOW DO I GET THEM TO SAVE TO DVD IN THAT ORDER

2. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

What program are you using to burn with?

I'll tell you how I solve that problem, may or may not be for you. This only works properly in XP as far as I know, and if all the pics are the same format. I copy the pictures I want ordered to a new folder (so the original named files stay where they are).

In the new folder of pictures I choose the icon view and arrange the photos in the order I want them to be left to right, top to bottom. Then I select them all and right clicking on the first pic I choose rename... and name them something like DVDphoto (100).jpg.
    The number in the parenthesis is your starting number and xp will renumber all the photos based on that starting number and that becomes the new order key since all the photos will now have the same name except for the number.

Then if the burning program is keying on filename, which I suspect it is (or disregard this method), you should be good to go.

3. 0840tj

0840tj Thread Starter

Thanks very much for your help - I only partially followed your solution because i was not sure what the icon view was but based on your reply i did go into each of the pictures and changed the name as you suggested, i needed to do each picture individually as system did not automatically change the names.
    As you advised this did work. Thanks again
    TJ

4. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Sounds a bit laborious but glad it worked out. The veiw style I was referring to is for any picture-type folder. In mine I can veiw the pictures as a filmstrip, thumbnails, tiles, as a list, as a list with details and as icons. In tiles, icons and thumbnails view you can rearrange the order of the files before renaming them all at once in that arranged order. In filmstrip, list and details view you can't do that.

If you copy some pictures to a new folder and set the viewstyle to one that allows arranging you'll soon get the hang of it because once you see it done its a snap.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/751639

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice