1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

copying pics

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by bscrocket, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bscrocket

bscrocket Thread Starter

I have some pics on a DVD that I put onto my hard drive. These pics were a back up and I have since reformatted my computer, so I put them back on my HD. The problem I am running into is that I would like to put the pics on an SD chip to play a slideshow in a new photo frame. When I try to copy the pics from the hd to the SD chip, I get an error message that says the file cannot be copied because the "directory or file cannot be created" can anybody tell me what this means and what I have to do to copy the pic? Thank you for your help.

2. slipe

slipe

I’m assuming you are using a card reader to write the files. I also assume instructions for the photo frame don’t require any special formatting or directories on the card.

If the card has been used in other devices it is probably a good idea to format the card. With the card in the reader format the card if it can’t be formatted in the photo frame. Unless the frame takes HD cards you format FAT. Right click on the drive > Format.

Unless the instructions require a folder or directory, transfer the photos to the root directory of the card using Windows Explorer or My Computer. Hold the Ctrl key while you highlight the photos you want. Right click one of the highlighted photos and select “Copy”. Right click on the drive that is the card reader and select “Paste”. They should go into the root directory of the card.

3. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe

Is the little switch on the SD card in the "read only" position?

4. bscrocket

bscrocket Thread Starter

Thank you for the help. I will try it and post weather or not it was successful.(y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759716

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice