copying pictures to cd-r

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

5yrold

Thread Starter
Joined
Sep 17, 2003
Messages
45
I have windows xp and I want to burn the pictures in my picture folder to a cd. I did it a long time ago but can't remember how I did it. There is nothing listed on the side of MY Pictures file that says to burn to cd. I inserted a disc hoping it would do it automatically but it doesn't. Thanks.
 

kidcnote

Banned
Joined
Dec 20, 2005
Messages
1,738
5yrold said:
I have windows xp and I want to burn the pictures in my picture folder to a cd. I did it a long time ago but can't remember how I did it. There is nothing listed on the side of MY Pictures file that says to burn to cd. I inserted a disc hoping it would do it automatically but it doesn't. Thanks.
Open up your picture folder and go to the top there and click EDIT>Select all>Copy to CD..All your pictures will be copied and you should get a pop up on your lower bar saying "Picture ready for CD" Click that on and all your pixs will come up and there you will have the option to delete any you don't like or want to copy..Pop a CD-R in your tray and over on your left panel (You can do this before you even start the copy just to have it ready to go) and click "copy to CD" You'll see a pop up window with todays date..once your pixs have been copied to the CD, your given the option to make another copy or click "Done and your tray will open..
 

5yrold

Thread Starter
Joined
Sep 17, 2003
Messages
45
Thats the problem theres nothing there that says copy to cd When I made a cd 2years ago, it had copy to cd Now its not there and for the life of me I can't figure it out.

Bob
 

kidcnote

Banned
Joined
Dec 20, 2005
Messages
1,738
5yrold said:
Thats the problem theres nothing there that says copy to cd When I made a cd 2years ago, it had copy to cd Now its not there and for the life of me I can't figure it out.

Bob
Hmmm, that is weird. You don't see this on the left:

<img src="http://www.pixpond.com/1/ear55u2.jpg">
 
Joined
Aug 17, 2003
Messages
17,584
Just select the images, and copy - paste to your CD drive under WIndows Explorer.
A message will state that you have files waiting to be burnt to the CD
When all files that you want to be burnt are pasted, double click on the CD icon and an option to burn the files should appear in the left hand pane.

Wait until you have all pasted before burning, do not burn them one at a time.
 

kidcnote

Banned
Joined
Dec 20, 2005
Messages
1,738
kiwiguy said:
Just select the images, and copy - paste to your CD drive under WIndows Explorer.
A message will state that you have files waiting to be burnt to the CD
When all files that you want to be burnt are pasted, double click on the CD icon and an option to burn the files should appear in the left hand pane.

Wait until you have all pasted before burning, do not burn them one at a time.
Hey, Good one KIWI..Thats saves a step or two (y) http://www.pixpond.com/1/6wnpf.jpg Still doesn't explain why he can see his "Copy all these files"
 

5yrold

Thread Starter
Joined
Sep 17, 2003
Messages
45
Problem Solved
In my CD-RW Drive(D) in (recording) the box that says( Enable CD recording on this drive )was not marked. Don't know how it got unmarked. Now in My Pictures folder on the left it has (Copy all items to CD). Everything working now.

Thanks for all of your replies. Have a great New Years everyone

Bob
 
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Top