copying windows xp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rikku

no, no, not that kind of copying :D

I did a fresh install of Windows XP on a hard drive I picked up somewhere and just realized that although it is 7200rpm, it is only ATA66... :(

SO, I would like to copy my installation of XP onto a different hard drive - since I have spent time installing stuff and setting it up already.

What is the best way to do this? Can Norton Ghost do this? Imagecast? Is any imaging software that anyone has seen up to tackling this task?

Thanks guys! :D

Yep, Ghost can do it just fine.
A new drive should also come with a disk that can do this for you. And, if not, you should be able to find the util on their website.

Rikku

thanks angel!

Now lets hope it doesn't ask me to activate it again!;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online