Copy'n'paste not working properly

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

waxsteve

Hi all :)

I'm really stuck here :( Copy'n'paste won't work in any program and as that's one of the primary functions I use, it's driving me nuts! :eek: In some software, the paste function is simply blanked out while in others all I get is spaces equating to about the length of a tab. In four days, all I've managed is one period of being able to use it after a reboot, but it just doesn't last.

I've attempted to track down what's happening, I've run spyware and antivirus scans, and Googled the problem - all without success. I even tried a small utility which claims to identify this very problem. That simply reports no problem :(

Any help would be most gratefully received - at the moment, insanity beckons :D

Get yourself a clipboard viewer. Now when you copy are you actually copying to the clip?

My first thought, assuming it's not malware, is that you've changed your hotkey settings so that ctrl-C is no longer copy and ctrl-V is no longer paste.

Determine where it does work and where it doesn't work and give us the examples you checked. Does it work in explorer? Does it work in notepad? etc...

waxsteve

I just ran the clipboard viewer and nothing appears when I copy :( It just flashes constantly in the page.

I've tried using the standard hotkeys, right clicking, and menus without success. So far, every single program has the same problem :( So that's everything from Opera and Firefox, through Paint Shop Pro and IrfanView, to Notepad! So it's easy to say where it does or doesn't work - it doesn't work anywhere :(

I should have said that I'm using Windows XP ;) This problem started Saturday night and have persisted since, with only one short break.

waxsteve

I've just discovered that for some reason, Opera is causing the problem :( No idea why - I've never had any problems with Opera before. I'll pursue it with them now ;) Thanks for the help Jeruvy :)

Good stuff, this is why it's important to verify the problem with your programs.

Cheers,

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online