1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cordless keyboard and mouse problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rob27, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rob27

rob27 Thread Starter

I have just bought a packard bell cordless keyboard and mouse but am having problems.

When I inserted the batteries in the keyboard and mouse no light came on eithier-should it? - for example should the mouse optical light come on?

when I plugged the receiver in that light came on but when I tried to use the mouse or keyboard nothing happens. I installed the disc which came with the keyboard and mouse.

I have tried the receiver close and far away from the mouse and keyboard but nothing happens

would someone be able to help me please?

2. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    It sounds like a power issue to me. Yes the light should come on especially the mouse. Have you ensured you have the batteries in correctly? Have you tried a new set of batteries? The ones that come with the unit are usually junk and that could be your problem. It's doubtful that both the keyboard and mouse could be faulty right out of the box and other than what I have suggested I have no other ideas. I use a Logitec cordless set and know that the drivers with XP Pro do the trick. I don't need to install Logitecs software to make them work so I doubt it is a software issue.

3. rob27

rob27 Thread Starter

thanks
    The mouse needed to be charged so now the light is on but it still doesn't work. Neither does the keyboard.

Any ideas?

4. junker39

junker39

Did you try the "connect" button on the bottom of the keyboard and mouse. Logitec has a button, use a paper clip, to get the devices communicating with the reciever. I am sure yours has got something similar.

5. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy

Or maybe not charged enough! There is also a connect button on the bottom of the "receivers" on a Logitec. Did you check that? Matter of fact did you read the install / set-up instructions?

6. madchick

madchick

also try rebooting if you have not once you installed them.

Or removing the old devices (old keyboard/mouse) from control panel and let system auto recognize new dev's.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273918

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice