1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cordless Mouse & Keyboard ISSUES

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by alexsgirl, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alexsgirl

alexsgirl Thread Starter

I have a Logitech Keyboard & Mouse. I contacted Logitech and they said there is not a Compatibility issue. But when I am playing a game after a few min the mouse freezes and the only way to fix it is to restart. but ever now and then the keyboard stops responding as well.
    I have downloaded the new drivers and updated the software but still having problems.
    It is a Logitech Cordless Combo
    Keyboard:
    M/D: Y-RF21
    Mouse:
    M/D: M-RP67

Please help. :confused:

2. qikenuf

qikenuf

New batteries perhaps?
    Bad USB port, try another?
    Receiver communication problem with mouse/kb?

3. alexsgirl

alexsgirl Thread Starter

No, it has new batteries. That is what i checked 1st, and everything was working fine until I installed XP Home SP2. How do you check the Receiver?
    And it never freezes until I am playing a game. Then in about 3-5 min it is frozen
    Well thanks for your help!

4. dr20

dr20

I've got a Logitech cordless that was doing the same thing when using certain programs like Nero Showtime. For me though the problem was in 98SE and not XP.

As a temporary measure rather than restarting the computer try pressing ctrl/alt/del to bring up Task Manager. That may give you your mouse back. If it does just click cancel to close it.

On my system it was narrowed down to a conflict with the firewall. Zone Alarm and Sygate would not play well with the mouse but after installing Kerio's free 4.1.2 it seems to have stopped. It appears to have been a resource issue.

In your case I'm not sure if that's the solution but it could be. What firewall are you using? To quickly check if it is related try running your games with it temporarily disabled. You may have to disconnect the internet while you're trying that.

It could also be a compatibility problem with other programs. Through Task Manager try shutting them down one at a time until you narrow it down.

5. Andrew002k

Andrew002k

Mine fails like this as well, while playing bf1942, seems to be very specific as it only happens during this one game.

for me, pressing the connect buttons (under the keyboard and on top of the receiver) and waiting about 10 seconds or so usually brings it back.

still losing all control of your plane mid loop while barrel rolling towards the ground during a dog fight just isint funny, you get to sit and give out to your mouse while you watch the ground spinning up to meet you :)

oh and ive checked all other programs, logs etc i can, nothing seems to help :)

6. dr20

dr20

Regardless of what Logitech says it's a bug with their drivers. They are well known to have problems and is the reason the next mouse I buy will not be from them.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327745

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice