Cordless phone interference

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

terrace

I suspect that my cordless Uniden Wdect 3315 R phone is responsible for disconnecting my cable wi fi wireless connection. Is there something that can be done, apart from throwing the phone in the bin, to stop the interference, maybe a shield?? Any experience and ideas on this??(y)

Attachments

Just curious, if you unplug the phone and pull the battery out of the handset, do you still have interference? Most 2.4ghz cordless phones don't have any issues with wireless a/b/g/n networks. If you still have problems you remove all power from the phone then I'd say it isn't the phone. If that fixes it, I would suggest getting a different cordless phone.

terrace

Member with 31 posts.

Experience: Advanced
30-Apr-2010, 01:17 AM #2
Just curious, if you unplug the phone and pull the battery out of the handset, do you still have interference? Most 2.4ghz cordless phones don't have any issues with wireless a/b/g/n networks. If you still have problems you remove all power from the phone then I'd say it isn't the phone. If that fixes it, I would suggest getting a different cordless phone.
OK Will check.(y)

You can change the wireless channel in the router, keep changing it until you get a stable one.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online