1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

core 2 E8400 v-core voltage

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lil Chris, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lil Chris

Lil Chris Thread Starter

Can anyone advise please.I recently bought some corsair dominator 8500 ram while it was cheap so I thought I would benchmark before doing any overclocking so I downloaded and run sisoft sandra.It says my v-core is to high, max should be 1.113 and sure enough on checking in the bios mine is running at 1.208v,sisoft also says mb is running too hot but bios says ok.Do i need to update Bios on my P5K premium to support the E8400 not sure what version I am running to be honest but it reports the proccessor correctly and so does windows and sisoft.

2. Lil Chris

Lil Chris Thread Starter

Solved guys.... Ive answered this myself,too early Bios on MB I need later Bios.Because mb said it suported later procesors I just took it for granted it was ok,especially as it reported the cpu correct.never take anything for granted.

3. Lil Chris

Lil Chris Thread Starter

hi again updated bios to later version(07202,i needed 0504 or later.Trouble is BIOS is still showing 1.208v for V-core,sisoft says it should be 1.113v, which is quite a differance,which is correct?. Reset jumpers etc and rebooted still no change.sisoft also says my mb's running hot but on checking it doesnt feel hot too me,checked all the heatsinks they seem ok to me,hotest thing in there is my 8800gtx.I have gone into bios and manually reduced the voltage for now to be safe but would like to know what it should be.Is sisoft correct anybody know please.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/740990

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice