1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Corel Photo Album 6

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by kiwi_wombat, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kiwi_wombat

kiwi_wombat Thread Starter

Corel Photo Album 6 came with Paint Shop Pro.

I quite like it as a viewer, so I decided to step up a notch and add some key words to make searching easier.

Assigning the keywords was easy and so was using the keywords to find the images. I closed CPA and then in Windows Explorer, I moved a file to a different folder. I also moved a complete folder.

When I reopened CPA, it couldn't find the moved files and then closed itself

Is this a known bug?

2. Moby

Moby

Have you 'catalogued' your pic folders yet? I'm still on version 5 but the programme needs to be told which folders to monitor. Catalogueing the My Pics folder alone and then keeping everything within that folder is the easiest option. When you do your moving/creating/deleting from wiithin the programme it updates itself there and then obviously. When done in explorer in updates next time you open the programme. If you've done something outside of your chosen catalogued folders then it may cause problems.

3. kiwi_wombat

I actually set up a test directory to try all this and also had sub directories under it. I tried to do the deleting and moving from with Photo Album and it works well as you say. However if you do it from Windows Explorer, it not only can't find the files, it created a Dr Watson type error report and then crashed the program. It did it several times before it eventually corrected itself

I then downloaded a trial version of Microsoft's program Digital Image and that works much better. No matter how you delete the file it instantly recognises that the file is not there. It also refreshes if the file is moved to a different directory.

I guess I'll have to go with the Microsoft one

Thanks for your input

4. Moby

Moby

5. kiwi_wombat

I must admit that when I first installed the program I had trouble downloading patch 6.3.3. Then I forgot about it

I'll try again

Thanks again for your help

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539032

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice