Coronavirus spread to EU/USA

Johnny b

John
That report does not surprise me at all. This is a micro-droplet spread virus. The lockdowns simply buy some time to develop therapeutics and/or shots to prevent infection/reduce symptoms of an infection. This virus is going to spread naturally, unless the world is willing to go hermit (no essential services) for a month or so.
There is nothing natural to politics playing a role in the spread of Covid-19.
Intentionally infecting a population is a man made concept.
Going 'hermit' was a result ( in the US ) of Trump intentionally allowing the virus to over run medical facilities to the point extreme measures were enacted.
Even then, because Covid-19 became Trump's political football, too many people that were either unconcerned, ignorant, or followers of Trumpism........common sense was too often denied and the virus infection was not contained and rebounded with the potential of a more serious fall/winter second wave.

The virus hasn't been spreading naturally and will likely continue until an efficient vaccine is developed, as long as common sense is denied, and wearing masks and social distancing is a political issue.

Johnny b

John

Chawbacon

Jack
If you guys were military Intel Analyst, the troops you support would point their weapons in the other direction. :giggle:

So lets look beyond the silly name calling "Death Cult" and look at the real numbers and concerns.

Coronavirus case-fatality rate down despite surge in cases
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/oct/26/coronavirus-case-fatality-rate-down-despite-surge-/

The good news is the share of people who are dying after testing positive for the virus is down to 2.6%...

...People of all ages with underlying conditions such as heart disease and diabetes remain susceptible to bad outcomes from COVID-19...

... The real case-fatality rate for the disease is probably closer to 0.6%, experts say, which doesn’t sound so bad but is worse than the annual flu, which is often closer to 0.1%...

... But it is roughly on par with the U.K., at 68, and worse than France (52), Israel (27), Germany (12)
Ok... Now please engage in an intelligent conversation that omits the blind Trump rage that is so often prevalent here. Thanks!

Johnny b

John
If you guys were military Intel Analyst, the troops you support would point their weapons in the other direction. :giggle:

So lets look beyond the silly name calling "Death Cult" and look at the real numbers and concerns.

Ok... Now please engage in an intelligent conversation that omits the blind Trump rage that is so often prevalent here. Thanks!

If you guys were military Intel Analyst, the troops you support would point their weapons in the other direction.
Says the guy that argued Saddam had the claimed WMD chem trailers that never existed :D

Denial of reality suits you, Jack.
Nearly a quarter million Covid-19 deaths is not an insignificant number, especially as the Trump administration intentionally denied there was a pandemic entering the US and did nothing to mitigate the death count until it became too obvious to the public.....and by then the damage was great.

The known death count from Covid-19 stands at 226K and is expected to reach 500K by February.
Those alone are significant numbers that you try to demean.
But there is more to consider.
The stats for 'long haulers' has not been calculated.
Deaths. other than from Covid-19, from over crowded hospitals is another concern, especially with the coming of what is called the 'third wave' associated with winter months.

The number of infections in the US is currently at about 9 million.
But there are more people living in the US than 9M.
There are approximately 328 million.
Using your logic and your numbers, there is the potential of an even greater number of future deaths, even with a vaccine 'herd' immunity won't be achieved for something in the order of a year or more, at best.

Denial turned to down playing the number of deaths and now a period of unnecessary dying is upon us.
Caution and pragmatism have become political targets.
The death count now presented as inconsequential.

Fact: People are dying.
Trump denied there was a problem.
Trump promoted insane solutions.
And the beat goes on with those that deny there is a pandemic problem.

Maybe you're just too sensitive because of your politics? :eek: ( :p....:D )

Chawbacon

Jack
Says the guy that argued Saddam had the claimed WMD chem trailers that never existed :D
The U.S. did find hidden caches of chemical weapons, which by definition is a WMD, in Iraq.
But OK... And here I thought that you believed everything printed by your CNN mothership.
https://www.cnn.com/2014/10/15/us/iraq-chemical-weapons/index.html
The number of infections in the US is currently at about 9 million.
But there are more people living in the US than 9M.
There are approximately 328 million.
Using your logic and your numbers, there is the potential of an even greater number of future deaths, even with a vaccine 'herd' immunity won't be achieved for something in the order of a year or more, at best.
Correct! As I have stated before, this virus is going to run it's course regardless of our shutdown efforts, which have bought us time to examine the virus and identify treatments to significantly lessen the impact of the virus.
Fact: People are dying.
Trump denied there was a problem.
Trump promoted insane solutions.
And the beat goes on with those that deny there is a pandemic problem.
I truly admire how you manage to mix true statements with outright illogical statements and sound like you are assuming a moral high road. It is almost artistic. (y)

Yes... People are dying.
No... Trump did not promote insane solutions.
No... No one is denying that there is a pandemic; however, we are better able to treat Covid-19 at this point in time.

NOW... Since you are such an expert, exactly how would you have done a better job combating Covid-19 than the President Trump? Besides the obvious lying to the public concerning the severity of the virus? Yes, I do have the ability to be critical of Trump when legitimately warranted.

Johnny b

John
The U.S. did find hidden caches of chemical weapons, which by definition is a WMD, in Iraq.
But OK... And here I thought that you believed everything printed by your CNN mothership.
https://www.cnn.com/2014/10/15/us/iraq-chemical-weapons/index.html
Correct! As I have stated before, this virus is going to run it's course regardless of our shutdown efforts, which have bought us time to examine the virus and identify treatments to significantly lessen the impact of the virus.
I truly admire how you manage to mix true statements with outright illogical statements and sound like you are assuming a moral high road. It is almost artistic. (y)

Yes... People are dying.
No... No one is denying that there is a pandemic; however, we are better able to treat Covid-19 at this point in time.

NOW... Since you are such an expert, exactly how would you have done a better job combating Covid-19 than the President Trump? Besides the obvious lying to the public concerning the severity of the virus? Yes, I do have the ability to be critical of Trump when legitimately warranted.

The US found many 'cashes' of artillery shells from the previous Iraq-Iran war that were buried and forgotten only to turn up as leaky and ineffective as weapons of mass destruction.
Santorum tried making the same claims as you have, the same incidences often repeatedly reported as new finds.
They weren't the claimed weapons that the Bush administration used as an excuse for a war. They were no longer effective as weapons.
I even gave you an interview of Bush admitting none of the claimed WMDs were ever found and I'm confident that either he or Cheney would have made an issue of any claims actually uncovered.

But your previous claim was to the existence of mobile chemical trailers, a claim Powell had to withdraw, in front of the UN.

As I have stated before, this virus is going to run it's course regardless of our shutdown efforts.....
You did state that and all it was was misdirection and your typical attempt to rationalize Trump's disastrous Covid-19 responses and attitudes.
There is no 'regardless' to the actions of our leadership.
The virus runs largely unchecked because of the ineptness and denial within Trump's ranks and it starts with Trump, being our leader.
The shutdown orders occur because of the failure of a society to embrace the common sense and pragmatism of using masks and social distancing as measures to mitigate the viral spread.
The extent of the pandemic is on Trump and those that refuse to use safe social practices and willingly infect the public at large.
There is nothing normal about the neglect, intent or ignorance that currently spreads this virus.

I truly admire how you manage to mix true statements with outright illogical statements and sound like you are assuming a moral high road. It is almost artistic.
LOL. The back handed compliment.
I have no admiration nor respect for your position. :)
Too supportive of a death cult, imo.

What is this, a Jr High School debate tactic?
Of course he did, even the insanity of a voodoo practitioner. :D
Also bleach, lysol and UV light bulbs. lol.

His solution now appears to just let everyone get infected with the promise a vaccine is 'just a few weeks' away.

No one is denying that there is a pandemic; however, we are better able to treat Covid-19 at this point in time.
How does that statement dovetail into the Trump administration's denials of reality?
Trump has promoted a distrust of scientists and doctors while they struggle for solutions.
It doesn't.
The successes of science and medicine are not his to claim. Medical advancement has been made in spite of Trump. In spite of your rationalization of accepting death as a given solution, 'running it's course' was your phrase.

Since you are such an expert....
I've made no claims about myself, but I do listen to and consider the opinions of knowledgeable scientists and doctors.
I observe and compare.
Trump's way involves a lot of unnecessary death and suffering, which you do seem to support.

.....exactly how would you have done a better job combating Covid-19 than the President Trump?
Well ( :D ) if I had that kind of influence, I wouldn't use you, Trump or any denier as a source of information and advice.
I wouldn't have gutted government programs that dealt with pandemics.
I would rely on experts, something that Trump is proud to refuse because of his imagined intellect.

The very first thing I would have done is accept reality and respond.
The first thing Trump did was deny there was a problem and didn't respond till the virus had a serious foothold that was so bad, his announcement on TV was incredibly strained and worrying

I'd ask all of the members of our society to be co-operative rather than Trump's position of being divisive.

Unfortunately, the above is no longer possible.
Trump's plan to divide our nation has been successful.

There are just too many people that see mitigation as a political tool and deny the dangers of Covid-19.

But I would and do now, recommend the usage of masks, social distancing and common sense.
Mitigation early on would obviously have relieved much of the draconian shut down.
That's in the past.
Because of the deniers, I suspect some Governors will wind up ordering shutdowns under the worst conditions this winter.

Well, that's my position, Jack.
Entirely different from your 'acceptance with out complaint' approach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts