Coronavirus spread to EU/USA

While CV-19 has been terrible for the nation and the world it did help to prevent Trump from being reelected and showed the world what a truly despicable human being he is/was will always be. He will remain a PITA until his demise, but I'm hopeful he will never become president again and will actually spend some time in prison for his crimes against this nation and it's people.
That is an interesting hypothetical: If it were not for Covid, would he have won a second term? There were not that many votes between Trump and Biden in the 3 key states.
However, Supporters are often more than blind to how he handled the crisis.
Perhaps the first impeachment would have been enough to keep him from winning a second term.

Professionalgirl

Tina
Account Closed
While CV-19 has been terrible for the nation and the world it did help to prevent Trump from being reelected and showed the world what a truly despicable human being he is/was will always be. He will remain a PITA until his demise, but I'm hopeful he will never become president again and will actually spend some time in prison for his crimes against this nation and it's people.
Absolutely Wino! Just recently the Republican party ordered the Covid-19 restrictions and mask wearing lifted on all business on April 8th despite the CDC health secretary's warning, and BTW that's on my my husbands Birthday! What are the republicans doing??? :mad:

The case count is already rising again all because people heard the word lift restrictions on mask wearing already! Just because there are vaccines available doesn't mean its safe to gather!!

Johnny b

John
Absolutely Wino! Just recently the Republican party ordered the Covid-19 restrictions and mask wearing lifted on all business on April 8th despite the CDC health secretary's warning, and BTW that's on my my husbands Birthday! What are the republicans doing??? :mad:

The case count is already rising again all because people heard the word lift restrictions on mask wearing already! Just because there are vaccines available doesn't mean its safe to gather!!
In the crazy state of our current politics, the two parties seem to focus on angles of opposition in order to gather increased support.
Their job description tilts towards getting elected/re-elected and less on legislative/fiduciary responsibilities.
If one presents a rational solution, it's not necessarily acceptable to the other party.

BTW:
Tell your husband......Johnny b says 'Happy Birthday' :)

Texas mandate goes bye bye this coming Wednesday March 10. We have the three stooges at the top, all republican Trump acolytes and idiots. We're already seen a plateau and upward turn in CV19 cases before the order to drop mask requirements. Guv. Abbott says people "know what to do and don't need government telling them they should wear mask!" - with stupid leading, it can only get worse. People, like corporations, will do what is best for them or their convenience, not others - I expect there will be altercations at stores over this. Trump and his followers have truly and deliberately injured this nation - possibly beyond redemption.

Professionalgirl

Tina
Account Closed
In the crazy state of our current politics, the two parties seem to focus on angles of opposition in order to gather increased support.
Their job description tilts towards getting elected/re-elected and less on legislative/fiduciary responsibilities.
If one presents a rational solution, it's not necessarily acceptable to the other party.

BTW:
Tell your husband......Johnny b says 'Happy Birthday' :)
Thanks John for the Birthday wishes. :)

I don't believe opposition works because no one pays attention. They just place a false sense of security into quick fixes like a treatment or vaccine. I believe in the old saying "Don't count your chickens before they hatch," Meaning they may not all hatch just like the vaccine protection may not pan out as anticipated.

Johnny b

John
Thanks John for the Birthday wishes. :)

I don't believe opposition works because no one pays attention. They just place a false sense of security into quick fixes like a treatment or vaccine. I believe in the old saying "Don't count your chickens before they hatch," Meaning they may not all hatch just like the vaccine protection may not pan out as anticipated.
the vaccine protection may not pan out as anticipated
Indeed.
With variants being found that are more communicable and thought to be more deadly, comments by scientists imply an almost never ending series of mutations and a need to reformulate vaccines to address those changes.
Like influenza, we'll probably windup, over time, with cocktail shots to cover the strains prevalent and address predictions.
The first influenza vaccine was developed in the late 1930's.
People still get the flu and some do die and that's after 80+ years of scientific study and development.

While medical science is far and away more efficient than that of the 1930's, discovery has only recently begun and there's obviously a lot to learn.

A wise person would be considering masks and social distancing as a general pattern of their everyday lives.
A wise person would get the Covid-19 shots.

Notice I posted 'wise'?

With extremist politics, cults and anti-vaxxers prevalent, It just makes it that much more difficult to 'live' with that disease.

Couriant

James
That is an interesting hypothetical: If it were not for Covid, would he have won a second term? There were not that many votes between Trump and Biden in the 3 key states.
Hmm that would depend on why people switch sides. Putting people in places they shouldn't have been, trying to disrupt mail in ballots, pulling out of international deals (Paris Accord, Iran Deal, etc) and the fact he has spouted falsehoods left, right, and center and only people with more than half a brain could see it... I think Covid was the icing on the cake to get him removed.

Johnny b

John
Not a surprise.

Trump officials bragged about pressuring CDC to alter Covid reports, emails reveal
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/09/tru...dc-to-alter-covid-reports-emails-reveal-.html

Not even a surprise evidence was left, to their intentions.

"Our investigation has shown that Trump Administration officials engaged in a persistent pattern of political interference in the nation's public health response to the coronavirus pandemic, overruling and bullying scientists and making harmful decisions that allowed the virus to spread more rapidly," said subcommittee Chairman Rep. James Clyburn, D-S.C.

Clyburn accused former White House Covid-19 advisor Dr. Scott Atlas of advocating for "policies that would allow the virus to spread widely among many Americans."

What is bizarre is.......the influence probably had more of a negative impact on those that believed the Trump lies. They would have exposed themselves to infection to a greater degree.
Bizarre, but that's what cults do.
Even more bizarre is their denial of being cultists.

I don't recognize American culture any more.
It's gotten strange:

valis

Had to hit the bank today and cant stop thinking about how if i wore a facemask, sunglasses, and a ball cap into a bank 10 years ago the outcome would have been radically different

Had to hit the bank today and cant stop thinking about how if i wore a facemask, sunglasses, and a ball cap into a bank 10 years ago the outcome would have been radically different
I am sure you wrote that in jest. I have to think that most people take their hat and sunglasses off when they go inside a bank.
The other side of that is 10 years ago very few people had cell phone cameras at the ready to record your getaway.

valis

Nope wrote it in sooth....kid was decked out identically (except had a Mavs cap...big Doncic fan) My literal thought was this was a scene from a bank heist flick from the 80's.

But no, not in jest at all.

valis

Of course....we do live in Texas after all....handguns are the prize in happy meals down here lol

Looks like there will be another booster shot to help with the delta variant. At least that’s what Moderna said?
It's too early to talk about a booster shot. The delta variant has already peaked in the U.K. It will probably be a wait and see in the U.S. until they see if the delta variant peaks there also.

Edit by Administrator Cookiegal: Note that the post quoted was made in a thread in the Personal Announcements forum and was transferred to this thread along with the posts that followed for controversial discussion. Link to original quote:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/covid-19-vaccine-shot.1260391/post-9827762

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

• Wino
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online