1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Corporate Security Blocks Trading Platform

Discussion in 'General Security' started by MrWizard2U, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrWizard2U

MrWizard2U Thread Starter

I just got done in by corporate security.

The guilty application.
    [​IMG]

This thing has just been installed and all of a sudden FXTrade Desktop (Oanda forex trading platform) doesn't work any more when on a public network and when VPN is disconnected. When I am connected to a public network through the corporate network and the VPN solution it works but is not usable due to being very slow.

This is not the only Internet application that doesn't work. Basically the only one that works is the Internet Explorer. I wouldn't mind the others too much but I really do need my trading platform.

Anyone have any idea how to get around this. I do have full administrative rights on the local machine but insufficient knowledge on how to allow FXTrade Desktop to operate even when not connected through the VPN solution.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

We don't assist in bypassing corporate restrictions on machine use. If you are using a corporate system, you should be abiding by their restrictions.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/738193

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice