1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Correct BIOS Settings &Hot CPU

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sketchman, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sketchman

sketchman Thread Starter

Hi all the more I go through these forums the more I realize I need help, I am not sure that I have the bios set to work correctly along with getting the best results.
    I have a Abit Kt7A raid (not setup) AMD Ath 1.5 Processor, 256 MB Ram gForce 3 200Ti 128 MB Vid, 100Mbs, Hdd, Win 2K pro SB Live.
    now the current prob after seeing another member had a prob w/a cooling issue I went to my sys & sure enough my cpu is currently running 33 c & 91 f I shut down & rebooted & went to the bios & attempted to cgange some of the settings then I enabled the shutdown for the CPU warning & rebooted the system goes into a loop in other words it will not completly load just restarts so I disabled the cpu shut off and here I am.
    also I do not overclock not that I am against it I just haven't tried it yet I am researching though.
    Thanks in advance Sketchman:confused: as always

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I'm not sure what the problem is, but 31C is a very good temperature to be running at, that's not hot at all! As far as the options go, one option that will drive Window 2000 or XP crazy is changing the ACPI enabled option. If you changed that, put it back, that may solve your problem.

3. sketchman

sketchman Thread Starter

What about the 91 degrees F ?
    Sketchman:confused:

4. sketchman

sketchman Thread Starter

Maybe I am not explaining this correctly or maybe I am just paranoid in either case I am trying to figure out what BIOS settings work best with my system & how to drop the "Ferinheit" below 91 degrees I am sure that albeit that 33 C is cool enough I am concerned that the 91 is subjecting my system for future failure & then again it may just be my paranoia :D
    Thankz Sketchman:)

5. sketchman

sketchman Thread Starter

I have noticed that my thread has either stumped or again a non issue I have researched this issue and this is what I have found at this web site http://burks.bton.ac.uk/burks/pcinfo/hardware/bios_sg/bios_sg.htm

It does give an extensive what to & not able/disable
    I will try to rely a little more on my research and hopefully I won't have the need for obvious problems in the future.
    I am not trying to be nasty in my response I am just trying not to allow my computer to have a melt down (as it were) :D

Thankz for having a site where I can have the means to begin my search and direction
    Sketchman :)

6. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Your temp is good......I have machines running between 44C and 52 C........

If you think you want it cooler, and another fan inside the case....but I think you are being paranoid........ ;)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112878

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice