1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Correctable memory DIMM error leads to my PC not booting.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tylerlike44, Jun 17, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. tylerlike44

tylerlike44 Thread Starter

So for about a week every time I booted my computer, a message saying something along the lines of “correctable memory error in DIMM slot 3” and I was just able to hit F1 to continue. My PC always ran slower after that error happened, so I just thought I could take the RAM stick out from DIMM slot 3, and that’s what I did today.

After I did that, my computer ran WAY slower (which took it down to 24GB instead of 32GB of RAM), so I figured “alright I’ll put it back in”. Now my computer won’t show display. It will turn on, my fans will work for a minute, my power light flashes, and nothing else. Pretty lost as to why this happened, and it really stinks because I need this computer for online classes.

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

The first approach is to take it out again - the one in DIMM slot 3
    then try and boot it

3. tylerlike44

tylerlike44 Thread Starter

So I initially took out the RAM in the third DIMM slot, which the computer then booted. An error showed up saying “error in DIMM slot 3, missing system memory” but I could still continue.

My computer ran unbearably slow, so I decided to turn the computer off and put the RAM back in. When I try to turn it on, the lights flash, the fans will always run, but no display shows up on a monitor. I have tried different displays and HDMI cords

4. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

So, as I said take it out again and if it still boots and loads Windows then wen you post back we can troublehsoot
    We cannot trouble shoot until you have tried that

5. Yusufjlidi

Yusufjlidi

If all else fails try switching the ramm around between slots or if nothing boots take out both 1 slot and 3rd slot ramm turn it on then if it runs let the pc run for 10-20min then turn it off and switch 1 and 3 around. I hope this helps because im having issues on my own pc, Good Luck

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228714

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice