1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Corrupt Downloads or Incomplete

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Shaneobi, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shaneobi

Shaneobi Thread Starter

So i just reformatted and put windows XP Pro on. Ive got all new Hardware except Hardrive and Ram.

Anyways. Whenever I try to download my basic stuff, like, Winamp, AIM, Firefox, anything that is a program. Ive been able to download MP3s but other then that I just get a essage along the lines of it being a corrupt download or incomplete download when i try to run it. Is this some lame XP protection tat i can turn off? Or something else?

2. Shaneobi

Shaneobi Thread Starter

3. techkid

techkid

Can you provide screenshots of the error message(s)?

Also, where do you try to download these things from?

4. Shaneobi

Shaneobi Thread Starter

The errors are not all the same, There is no specific error number. One install gave me error 1335. Im working on getting a screenshot up, but am having a hard time with just basic windows image programs.

And i am getting them all from reliable sources. Aol.com, Winamp.com etc.

5. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Do you happen to have a motherboard with the Nvidia "activearmor" firewall installed?

This is a chipset feature but the drivers for the firewall can and should be skipped.

Corrupt downloads and https bluescreens are a known issue.

6. Shaneobi

Shaneobi Thread Starter

Well I have a A8N-SLI Asus mobo, From what ive been reading, people have been having the same problems. Its either the drivers or the Nvidia firewall. But i dont know how to disable it.

7. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Yeah -- look in Add/Remove programs for something called the Network Access Manager. I think you can uninstall it if present.

If not you may need to reinstall the chipset drivers without the firewall.

Also post a HijackThis scanlog, I believe NAM shows up in it:

O23 - Service: ForceWare IP service (nSvcIp) - NVIDIA - C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcIp.exe
    O23 - Service: ForceWare user log service (nSvcLog) - NVIDIA - C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcLog.exe

Download and install HijackThis using the "self extractor". Run it and select "do a system scan and save the log file". Then copy/paste the contents of the log to a reply

http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/hijackthis_sfx.exe

Also, this has worked for some:

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/435312-corrupt-downloads.html#post3306042

8. Shaneobi

Shaneobi Thread Starter

Woohoo! Yea, it was the nvidia forceware network access manager. I uninstalled it and re-booted, downloaded something and it worked. So far so good. Thanks for the help. Ill re-post if anything goes wrong. You rock!

9. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Great, when you are sure all is well you can mark the thread "Solved" using the Thread Tools menu here.

You're most welcome for the help! :)

10. john_o_vision27

john_o_vision27

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/504686