1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Corrupt(?) dvd and cd drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pjvreel, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pjvreel

pjvreel Thread Starter

Hi-
    I run XP Home on an amd 2800+. Have nec dvdrw ND-1300a and OEM cd rom drives. Owned for 11 months with no problems! Recently couldn't use either optical drive. When investigating with device manager found drivers were either corrupt or missing. Attempted to update: no go. Couldn't roll back either. Removed and reinstalled, rebooted but to no avail. Tried system restore as far back as I could go but that doesn't work! Can't install drivers off windows cd - it was preloaded and I only have manufacturer's discs. HELP!!!

2. pinntech

pinntech

Just a quick suggestion...

Boot into SAFE MODE, then go to device manager and delete the drives.

Reboot and see if they will rebuild correctly.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

4. pjvreel

pjvreel Thread Starter

thx for the tip. I had been to the support area and didn't find or overlooked what was suggested. Editing the registry in 30 simple seconds dured my problem with no visible side effects!!!!!

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I keep that one bookmarked, it's a frequent question. :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271009

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice