1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Corrupt file? Song has spot of no sound on iPhone 4

Discussion in 'Apple Mobile Devices' started by Coco767, Mar 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Coco767

Coco767 Thread Starter

Hello again. I keep all my old iPhones. I have an old iPhone 4 running iOS 4.2.1 with 7.5 GB free out of 14.0 GB. It has 464 songs, which I all like. The reason I posted is because one of the songs I just played, and a portion of it (about one minute) there was no sound, in the middle of the song, even though the phone said the song is still playing. My speakers work on the phone, because I do not have this problem on any other song or phone. It was plugged into the charging cable, charging, while I played the song, if that helps. The song is 9:11 long, 9 minutes and 11 seconds. I believe the song was added to the phone from an old computer a few years ago (the computer ran Windows Vista, it is dead now, the computer that is). In the past when I played this and any song I never had this problem. It occurs when not charging and charging. I tried it again just now not plugged into the charging cord, the sequence of no sound just lengthened by about 30 seconds. Can not sync to a new iTunes library, as I have already synced it to one on a computer that is now dead, and do not want to lose half my music library! Not signed in to apple ID, keeps saying I have a incorrect username or password, when I do not, but not asking for help with that, happens on all my old iPhones, again, do not want help with that. Please help with the problem with the song, and
    thank you to any help in advance!

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Sounds like a corrupt file. Try replacing it with a backup.

3. Coco767

Coco767 Thread Starter

I have the orginal disc the song came on, but have 2 problems.

Problem 1: My DVD drive driver is not working on the computer I want to transfer the backup from, and that stops me from putting the music on the computer. Not asking for help on this one, trying to locate the driver.

Problem 2: I can't even sync the backup of the song onto the phone, even if I could get the music from the CD onto the PC, I have already synced the phone with one ITunes library, and it is not possible to sync with more than one ITunes library without losing data, and I would lose half my music library if I did on the phone if I did that.

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

1) External USB CD/DVD drives start at less than $20.

2) Wow, don't think I've ever heard that one. If Apple refuses to allow you to overwrite a single corrupt file without ruining everything, recommend you contact them directly for a solution. Maybe there is some kind of legal reason? If so, I sure cannot afford to be involved. <shrug>

5. Coco767

Coco767 Thread Starter

Just saying, you can't sync with two iTunes libaries, espically an iOS that old. It is iOS 4.2.1! Might go to nearest Apple Store to see if they could help.

I thought external CD\DVD drives cost $100+. So, thank you for that. Going to look on eBay now.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1206520

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice