1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

corrupt file

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by SallyC, Feb 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SallyC

SallyC Thread Starter

received message re corrupt file...told to run chkdsk utility...went to run and typed in chkdsk...got reply "found errors on disk will not fix them because disk checking was run without the /F parameter...ran chkdsk/F...got reply Windows cannot find "chkdsk/F"
    Now what, please?

2. Mollie

Mollie

First of all, what's your operating system? What's the corrupt file?

Also, you need to put a space between chckdsk and /F, so it reads "chkdsk /F" (without the quotes).

Mollie
    _ _ _
    "Ignorance is bliss."

3. SallyC

SallyC Thread Starter

Mollie....my operating system is Windows XP...the file is : Application Data\Real\RNADMIN\rnsystem.dat is corrupt and unreadable RNADmin.evntsvc.exe
    I'll try adding the space. Thanks...obviously I need much help!

4. Mollie

Mollie

Ahh...a RealPlayer file. Try uninstalling RealPlayer and then re-installing it. Be sure to restart your computer after uninstalling it and before reinstalling it. (As a general practice, I usually restart my computer after uninstalling programs *and* after installing them, even if it doesn't tell me I need to. The only time I wouldn't restart is if the program specifically stated NOT to - a situation I've never run into. :))

I would try the above option before running scandisk - might save you a bunch of time.

Good luck.

Mollie
    _ _ _
    "You know very well that I no longer think. I am far too intelligent for that." Albert Camus

5. SallyC

SallyC Thread Starter

Mollie.... thanks for your help...everything seems to be working great now. SallyC

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118170

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice