corrupt file

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SallyC

received message re corrupt file...told to run chkdsk utility...went to run and typed in chkdsk...got reply "found errors on disk will not fix them because disk checking was run without the /F parameter...ran chkdsk/F...got reply Windows cannot find "chkdsk/F"
Now what, please?

First of all, what's your operating system? What's the corrupt file?

Also, you need to put a space between chckdsk and /F, so it reads "chkdsk /F" (without the quotes).

Mollie
_ _ _
"Ignorance is bliss."

SallyC

Mollie....my operating system is Windows XP...the file is : Application Data\Real\RNADMIN\rnsystem.dat is corrupt and unreadable RNADmin.evntsvc.exe
I'll try adding the space. Thanks...obviously I need much help!

Ahh...a RealPlayer file. Try uninstalling RealPlayer and then re-installing it. Be sure to restart your computer after uninstalling it and before reinstalling it. (As a general practice, I usually restart my computer after uninstalling programs *and* after installing them, even if it doesn't tell me I need to. The only time I wouldn't restart is if the program specifically stated NOT to - a situation I've never run into. :))

I would try the above option before running scandisk - might save you a bunch of time.

Good luck.

Mollie
_ _ _
"You know very well that I no longer think. I am far too intelligent for that." Albert Camus

SallyC

Mollie.... thanks for your help...everything seems to be working great now. SallyC

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online