1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Corrupt FILE!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by begohan, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. begohan

begohan Thread Starter

I like to play a little game called Runescape. Lately I have been getting a corrupt file that says "vsmon.exe - Corrupt File" and then under it it says "The file or directory C:\Windows\Internet Logs is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility.". I went to run and put in Chkdsk and it ran something, I don't really know and it finished and nothing happened and the corrupt file in the corner would not go away. Even if I "X" it it just pops up again and it gets real annoying. It all started when my friend was playing with Control Panel>Sound and Speech>Speech and he was writing things in there and making it talk and he pressed a button and a screen popped up and he clicked yes and right after that, corrupt file! Also another corrupt file, zclient.exe it says but I dont know the rest. I am running Windows XP Home Edition.

Please HELP! ~Begohan~ :D

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

zclient.exe and vsmon.exe is ZoneAlarm.

Uninstall it and reinstall it.

Run SFC to fix any system file problems.

Start - Run - type "SFC /scannow". press enter.
    Do not type the quotes, and make sure there is a space between "SFC" and "/scannow"

Its surprises me that that you ask these questions when you list your experience as "Advanced" in your profile :)
    It should be us asking you?

3. begohan

begohan Thread Starter

Well, I am not really sure what they mean by intermediate and advanced so I thought I was pretty advanced. :confused: Might want to rate me beginner/intermediate, i realized how smart you guys really are.

4. begohan

begohan Thread Starter

I cant uninstall zonealarm, it doesn't show up in my Control Panel>Add remove programs. It sometimes says "Zonealarm is waiting for truevector.net to initialize, cancel?" And I always press cancel and when i wait nothing happens.

5. begohan

begohan Thread Starter

Just this in, I found it, sorry about the above post. When I try to uninstall it it says something about truevector not being installed.

6. begohan

begohan Thread Starter

Just bringing up my post if that works on this forum.

7. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

8. begohan

begohan Thread Starter

It says this when I try to start it up " Zonealarm is waiting for the Truevector Internet Monitor to initialize. Cancel?" And I wait for a while and it disapears then it comes on again and again. Please help me ASAP.

9. begohan

begohan Thread Starter

When I try to uninstall it it says: "TrueVector Internet Monitor was not uninstalled"

"The uninstaller was unable to stop the TrueVector software services.This will happen if other software is using the TrueVector engine."

"To uninstall Zonealarm make sure all other TrueVector based programs are closed."

10. begohan

begohan Thread Starter

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!