1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Corrupt files?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by gamez, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gamez

gamez Thread Starter

Hi guys! So my comp was suddenly hit with the whole unauthenticated copy of Windows thing (Windows 7) after I had a hard drive crash. I managed to get my machine up and running, but the blasted thing won't update, Windows Defender won't run, nothing! I ran /scannow and the prompt says 'Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.'
    I have an HP machine with OEM software on it, so I don't have a physical disk. Here's my comp info.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 8151 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 942376 MB, Free - 791261 MB; D: Total - 11389 MB, Free - 1647 MB; J: Total - 114463 MB, Free - 82016 MB;
    Motherboard: MSI, IONA
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013, Updated and Enabled

It says that access is denied when I try to open the CBS log.

2. Lance1

Lance1

Please copy the CBS.log to the desktop and compress it and upload.

3. gamez

gamez Thread Starter

I did a little digging and managed to (I think) fix the issue. Boy, do I feel dumb. I went on a massive software updating spree and I guess I fixed it. I had 136 Windows updates and Defender is working now. So yay me!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087147

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice