corrupt hard drive (still)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

five_star

hey wet chicken,

I tried everything you told me to do, even ran regclean.
Still the same message, 'Windows XP has determined that your C:drive is corrupt'.

I'm ready to go out and buy a new hard drive, but i don't want to.
I want to try and fix this problem.
Have any more suggestions????????? :confused:

JenniferLore

Banned
Use recovery console - Run chkdsk /r

If this does not work - buy another hard drive.
Also you're in the wrong forum.

Here are two more options:

1. From your recovery console chkdsk c: /f .
you'll have a good chance with that command.

2. Take a look at the other suggestions that accumulate with your post first, give them a try, when nothing works, go for this>

The other option is to format and reinstall. Download an xp bootdisk from URL=http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm]Xp Boot Disk[/URL]

Select the verion of xp you are installing (Home or PRO).
Download the file and run it. It will instruct you to insert 6 floppies one after the other, label them 1 -6.

Insert your xp cd and Insert floppy 1 and reboot. After you get to the 6th disk you will be instructed to format your hard drive, once you have done this xp will install .

:)

What make is your HD, most makers have diagnostic tools you can download to check the health of your hard drive

Triple6

Rob
Before you buy another harddrive you should run the diagnostics mentioned above and/or repartition, reformat, and reinstall Windows. This could be just a software glitch and there may be no need to buy a new drive.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online