1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Corrupt Hive has lead to more problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by flipflopju, Jul 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flipflopju

flipflopju Thread Starter

I posted on here recently about a problem on my computer. I was able to correct this, the problem had resulted from a corrupt software hive. Now that I have all of my files safe and sound, I am having problems regaining ownership of my computer. It shows that I am the owner and administrator when I log on and there are no other accounts, yet when I look for files it shows a folder for owner and it also has a separate folder for owner.jujubee (my computer's name) and I am only recognized as owner.jujubee. I can access my music, favorites list, pictures, papers for school, but because it does not recognize me as the official owner in some way, I cannot access any of the software I installed as the previous owner, including the photoshop, office 2003, and dreamweaver. I have tried to reinstall all of this software, but since it is still on my computer, it won't let me reinstall it.

Would my best bet be to save all of the files I need and clear out the hard drive and reload it all, or is there more that I can do?

2. Chrim

Chrim

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/250334

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice