1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"Corrupt" iPod Nano 5th Gen

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by kajiphenomenon, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kajiphenomenon

kajiphenomenon Thread Starter

Recently, I disconnected my 5th generation iPod from my iMac, after waiting for it to say I could safely disconnect it, and for some reason it still gave me the warning that "the device you removed was not ejected properly." So, I've started to notice it is, in fact, corrupt. Half the songs don't actually "exist", and some you select take you to a completely different song. I've been told I have to restore it using iTunes, and I plan on it, but there are videos on it I don't have backed up that I want to get off of it, and my question is whether or not I can actually retrieve those videos.

When I insert the iPod, the icon does not appear. I've tried it on an eMac running 10.4.11(my computer, where it's synched to), two accounts of a iMac running 10.5.8, and a macbook pro laptop running the same. Also tried it on a windows vista, and that appeared, but said "Windows must reformat this device in order for you to access it. Continue?" And I didn't want windows messing with it so I refused. None of the computers I attached it to gave me the option to access anything on the iPod. Usually I can access and edit my folders on the iPod.

I'm not sure what other information I can give, but if there's any way to get my videos off, I'd love to know.

Thanks!

(Also, when I connect it to the computer it's synched to, the most it will give me will be opening iTunes and saying "iTunes has detected an iPod that appears to be corrupted. You may need to restore this iPod before it can be used with iTunes. You may also try disconnecting and reconnecting the iPod." Disconnecting and reconnecting the iPod does not help.)

2. afoord

afoord

I accidentally corrupted my girlfriends iPod nano by deleting it's petition (Whoops!)

I did however manage to get most of the stuff off it though by using some software program which was able to scavenge the damaged file system and retrieved all it could.

I can't remember exactly what program I used, But what you want to do can be done ! :)

Maybe try Partition Recovery or HDD Regenerator...
    These are just some random programs I found doing a google search.

I don't know whether the type of computer it was synced to affects the outcome, but the iPod I did it to was Synced with Windows.

Try this site http://www.ehow.com/how_2085104_repair-corrupted-files.html

Nothing I've said has probably helped in anyway, but hey, at least I told you it can be done :)

Good Luck.

Easus Data Recovery Wizard and Recover My Files are another two... I think these might be the ones I used as they're on my computer... Also i think they're Free :D

Try this thread... It is what I did when I lost the partition.
    http://forums.techguy.org/all-other-software/811565-i-deleted-my-ipods-partition.html

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976401

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice