1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

corrupt mp3s.....codec problem?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DanG, Sep 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanG

DanG Thread Starter

hi,
    never had any problem before with downloaded mps files, but as of late i've had quite a few that either cut out within 20 seconds or so or after the same period of time turn to a corrupt white noise kinda sound. The only reason i can think of apart from the file simply being corrupt is that i have a missing mp3 codec or something that i need to play these files. This is mostly because when on my player (and i've tried loads by the way!) if i skip along 3 secs or something the audio can momentarily be heard, but then corrupts again.
    any ideas?
    cheers,
    DanG

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Well you could try playing the mp3's on another computer, if they play its your system, if they don't its the filess themselves. If these are downloaded they could have downloaded incorrectly - kazaa (lite) has been having issues with downloads, connections, and so forth lately - programming glitches or something.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165177

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice