1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Corrupt Recycle bin and Blue Screen of Death

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by hoser1958, Jul 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoser1958

hoser1958 Thread Starter

Some how, my windows2K machine has developed a corrupt recycle bin and if any file is moved to it then the next reboot brings about a "Boot Device Inaccessable" Blue screen of death. I run the repair console and do a chkdsk with the /r option and it will then boot, until the next time that something hits the bin. I've told windows not to use the bin, but several programs, most notably my anti-virus software still try to recycle.

Is there anyway to delete the bin and recreate it on another part of the disk? I fear that it is cross-linked with a file needed for the boot process. I really don't want to have to re-install win2k.

Thanks

2. Cookies

Cookies

3. Emtronics

Emtronics

What anti/virus program? Norton? Try disabling Norton (if that is what you have) and see if that ends your problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/250656

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice