1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Corrupt SD Card

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by kels00, Jan 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kels00

kels00 Thread Starter

please help! is there any way to fix a corrupt SD card without losing any of the pictures?

my phone isn't allowing me to add pictures to my SD card or move pictures to or from it, google says this means the card is corrupt
    my friend says plugging my phone into my laptop and uploading the pictures there will cause the SD card to finish its corruption, making me lose all of my files.
    This card has every picture I've taken in the past few years and I'm really worried :(

2. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Time to buy a new SD card for your phone to replace your old SD card for safekeeping.
    Have you checked in your gmail drive to see if you may have any pictures as backups. Corrupted photos are kind of hard to repair.

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Anything valuable is worth saving in at least 2 locations.
    You should have been copying photos either to a computer or a USB stick.

4. cornemuse

cornemuse

Can you take the card out of fone & plug it into comp via usb?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221274

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice