1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Corrupt Thumb Drive or something

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by The_Doctor, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Doctor

The_Doctor Thread Starter

I have two thumb drives that all of the sudden stopped working. I plug them in and the computer pops up the sandisk autorun option and a window that says i have to format the drive. When I try to format it it says that the drive cant be formatted. Under the properties it has that the drive contains 0 bytes with a capacity of 0 bytes. when i click on the drive to open it normally it says insert blank disk into the drive. The thing that really confuses me is that the autorun disk still exists and functions up to the point where it loads where it flashes an error message because windows cannot access the drive. Does anyone know what the issue is here? what i could have done to cause this or how can i fix it? can i fix it at all? Any help would be great because i really need the thumb drive. Thanks a lot.

2. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Two drives behaving this way would make me look at the PC or Windows.

Try the drives on another PC, do they work properly?

3. The_Doctor

The_Doctor Thread Starter

Yeah that was the first thing I tried after messing with the thumbdrive itself. They did the exact same thing on a different computer

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970160

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice