1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Corrupted Drive Reset/Can't Boot into Windows

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by eva571, Nov 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eva571

eva571 Thread Starter

Hello, I have an MSI GV-62 8RD and starting having issues after a black screen of death. Long story short, due to corrupted system files I had to reset windows and msi factory reset the system multiple times in order for it to keep working, where after every reset something else went wrong and I had to do it again, also having multiple black screen errors during that time. After a while, even trying to reset the computer came up with an error, and the msi factory reset came with a reagent.exe false error, and since then I've been stuck in an f3 boot/auto repair loop, and can't get on the system. SFC and DISM result in errors. It's a relatively new laptop so I didn't have any important files to worry about.

I've tried creating a Win10 Media USB, and after having issues booting I swapped to legacy in the bios and was able to load it, however the 5 given partitions didn't let me install on any of them because they were not of GPT partition style. At this point I feel like I ran out of options, as the only advice I found regarding that is to delete every partition, which I hear can be a good thing for a clean install because it removes bloatware and third party programs, or a bad thing because I'd loose msi partitions and software that will not be recoverable such as their overclock/driver tuning and their recovery partitions.

I've already contacted msi support with this, and they said I'd have to look into ordering an msi recovery image since I haven't used their burnrecovery tool or backed up the system image (lesson learned). I figured I'd try asking around here to see if anyone else had any insights or advice/information that might help or fix something before I have to do that . I'm not very smart with computers to this degree so I'm iffy on messing with partitions especially since the laptop has an SSD (I think it's just an optane ssd) combined with a 1 TB HDD , but if there's something I'm missing please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219288

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice