1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Corrupted Drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lou Verga, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lou Verga

Lou Verga Thread Starter

I have a Dell c600 laptop on which the Nt cournel has become corrupted. I cannot boot onto this drive. I also have a Dell c810 which accepts an external hard drive. I would like to slave this drive to the C810 to get the data off. However the pin connection on the internal hard drive of the c600 is different then the cable that I have for the c810. The drive on the c610 looks like a centronics type pin configuration. Is there a cable I can buy that will allow me to do this.

2. Rockn

Rockn

You can do the same thing slaving the drive to any other IDE devcie. You still may not be able to access the data due to the NT security.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Unless he's encrypted the NT drive, he should be able to access it by slaving it to another machine that talks NTFS.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115880

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice