1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Corrupted File (by a trojan?)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Barry Egener, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry Egener

Barry Egener Thread Starter

Would appreciate suggestions about how to fix files:

While web-browsing, a trojan was detected. I had MacAfee Virus Scan running as well as Microsoft Firewall. Message said trojan detected and deleted. I ran virus scan and found no infections.

Several programs then didn't run properly. I reinstalled Windows XP Home edition which fixed one of the problems. One remains and one new one appeared:

When computer starts up the following error message appears:

C:/Documents and Settings/Barry\Startup\Menu\Programs\Startup\system[1]exe.ju
    Line: 4
    Character:1
    Error: File not found
    Code:800A0035
    Source: MicrosoftJScript runtime error

The new problem is that when running Microsoft Outlook, I get the message:

The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDart.DLL

I can use the computer normally after clicking OK on these messages several times.

Ideas would be appreciated,
    Barry

2. Emtronics

Emtronics

The first problem is easy. navigate to the START|All Programs|Starup folder, look for that entry, system[1]exe.ju, and RIGHT click it, choose DELETE. That should end the error on that.

Your MacAfee did it's job. It stopped a Trojan (and there are 100's out there) and deleted it. I doubt it seriously did any damage to your software. I am wondering why, when your software started acting up, you didn't re-install the software first instead of re-installing XP?

Go HERE as see if the solution posted by "sysmgr" isn't your fix for your second problem.

Post back and let us know! :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!